Sunday, June 20, 2010

getting ready...

my 9 day cross country adventure is set to begin this coming wednesday, june 23rd.  my goal the first day is to make it to charleston, WV.  my plans for stopping have changed daily and i still have no real plan past day 1 and i think i'll keep it that way.  my original plan had been to go way south and pass through new orleans and austin (like the first time) and see people but i think that was being overly ambitious.  it was going to take far too many days and i have driven that route before.  so it looks like i'm going to places i've never been before and thought i'd never go - west virginia, indiana, south dakota, wyoming, etc.  should be interesting.  the only places i'm definitely stopping are mt rushmore and yellowstone.  i mean, why not?  when else am i EVER going to be driving through or going to south dakota or wyoming?

i've been packing and getting my car prepped with tire rotations and satellite radio being fixed only to find out my cigarette lighter doesn't work.  i just got a gps system and an iphone charger for the trip.  now i have to take my car back in to get that fixed.  it could be worse but still....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...